Now the season has turned from autumn to winter and the temperature has
fallen, doesn’t mean that work in the garden stops. Enthusiastic gardeners
everywhere will be continuing to maintain their garden or grounds, in the
- Weeds - just because it’s winter doesn’t
prevent the weeds from growing. Carry on with your weeding programme by
keeping borders free from weeds.
- Seasonal pruning - don’t forget to prune and cut
back plants and shrubs.
- Soil preparation - why not use this time (before
the snow arrives) to add nutrients to your soil.
- Maintenance of garden structures and areas - if the
weather is kind then why not paint your shed or fences, clean your green
house, or pressure wash patios and pathways.
- Overgrown areas - should you have any areas of your
garden which need clearing of brambles or ivy, then now is a good time
to tackle these jobs.
- Storm repairs - use this time to repair fencing or
- Leaf clearance - remove autumn leaves from your
lawn and pathways, to avoid damage to your grass or becoming a slip
hazard on paths.
- Snow clearance - keep pathways clear of snow and
If you need help with planting or maintaining your garden then
Sanstec Garden via our Facebook page @sanstecgarden.